I am not even a huge fan of buffalo wings, but my little brothers are. Since they are my biggest food critics, I knew if I could impress them, I could impress all of you. So I made these, impressed them, and now, you. Okay. Here is my version, modified from the original recipe!
For the Batter:
1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat, but if you're gluten free, I recommend rice flower)
1/2 cup water
Pinch of salt
For the Buffalo Sauce:
1/4 cup Wing Sauce (See what I used below)
1/4 cup oil (I used vegetable oil)
Sorry there aren't any pictures of the prep. I didn't think they'd turn out that well so didn't take pictures. I was wrong, okay?!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together the batter ingredients in a small bowl. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place on a greased baking sheet. (Note: The batter shouldn't be SUPER thick. I used a little more than 1/2 cup water, but start with that)
2. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the batter hardens on the cauliflower.
3. While they're baking, mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl/cup.
I used this kind of wing sauce:
4. Once the cauliflower is done baking, brush them with the sauce mixture and bake again for a few more minutes (I baked mine for 6 more) until your cauliflower is crispy.
5. Remove from oven, devour with some bleu cheese dressing OR what I used, a yummy vegan ranch.