Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Paleo Cinnamon Banana Muffins

I am so happy tonight. I am so happy for two reasons:

-Tomorrow, the election will be over. Thank GOD. I don't care who wins, I only voted for the propostions to be totally honest. I didn't vote for president because I wasn't passionate about either of them. I like some things Obama stands for, I like some things (very few) Romney stands for, but really, I don't like either of them. So I voiced my opinion via proposition, not president. (I know you're all like ''Who cares, we came here for muffins, not political gibber jabber".

-And two, tonight I made muffins. PALEO muffins.

So here's how it went down, and here's how you can make them too.



Banana Cinnamon Bun Muffins
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 eggs
1/3 cup almond milk 
1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 1 banana)
Cinnamon Topping
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons ripe banana, mashed
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional, not paleo if used because of the sugar in the syrup)


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
In a small bowl mix mashed banana, eggs, and almond milk and mix with a hand mixer until well blended.  Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and with a hand mixer until well combined.
Add batter until prepared muffin cups.  Filling to about 3/4 filled. (Mine only filled 11)
In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, mashed banana, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup (if using).  Drizzle mixture over top of muffins and using a toothpick swirl the topping into the muffin batter. 
Bake muffins for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  
Allow muffins to cool in pan 5 – 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack.  
If you make 11 muffins, each one is about 82 calories. YA.
Enjoy yo! 



1 comment: